“Hi, I’m hoping you can help me. I don’t know where to begin. I just had a baby – well, actually, it’s been two years… I have two kids, and I’ve been working from home part-time and now full-time. My office is a mess, and I might need some help with it. Maybe the kid’s rooms, too…no, actually, maybe the kitchen. Or the living room. I’m not sure.”
When I meet a client, my job is to listen. Listen to their story without judgment. Most times, they apologize. They apologize for the messy, disorganized state of their home or business. Other times, they’re angry or sad and tell me they can no longer live this way and don’t know where to begin.
“Life Happens,” and I’m here to help. I work with you to identify solutions to your organizational needs to support a healthy lifestyle. I help people sort through their dreams, disappointments, happiness, and reality to offer peace of mind. There is no “one way” to organize your home and life. We work together to find the best process for you and your family.
While getting organized and staying organized may feel daunting, there are many ways to reduce the stress you may be feeling. A great place to start is by becoming aware of the areas of your life you’d like to improve. The Seven Readjustment Steps help you evaluate your current situation and re-think your next steps with care to help develop better solutions. It’s all about creating a system that works for you and is simple to maintain and readjust when necessary.
Seven Readjustment Steps
“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”— is usually attributed to Albert Einstein.
1. Review various areas of your life. (Home, Work, Family, Wellness, Etc.) What are you proud of? What are your challenges?
2. Determine which aspects of your life are most relevant / your biggest priorities.
3. Identify Problems – What types of issues/challenges continuously show up? For example: Maybe you always run out of time for yourself, leaving your cup empty of energy or passion for your priorities.
4. Resolve Problems – What options do you have? What possible solutions could help? What is in your control? What support systems are you working with?
5. Redesign Processes In Your Life – Visualize what your life might look like if you did things differently. Is there anywhere you can simplify? What small changes might have a significant impact? For example: Need more time to yourself? Consider getting up 30 minutes earlier to enjoy your favorite morning drink in your favorite cozy spot at home. Doing just one simple task for yourself daily can make a huge impact.
6. Prioritize – Think about what’s most important to you. Choose one thing to work towards at a time, so you don’t overwhelm yourself.
7. Maintenance – Think about the systems you have in place. Are they helping you maintain the processes you have created in Step 5? Tweak whatever is not working as you go.