When it comes to working at your desk or studying for a class, so much depends on your organization. In order to achieve success, you have to be organized! The best way to get fully organized is to organize your office space, dorm room, or home office to achieve a tolerable comfort level in that area.
Here are some tips to help you out!
1. Organize Materials Organizing your materials from day one will keep you from wasting time going through everything to find what you need. Post your course times and exam schedule on bulletin boards for a reminder too!
2. Be Comfortable Find a place to turn into a study-only zone and arrange the most important things (furniture! lamps!) so that you feel comfortable being there.
3. Keep Materials Close Find a good place on your desk for the books and supplies you use more often than others. The materials that you don't use as often, place them somewhere else in the room - this way, you can get up and stretch your legs when you need them! You'll get an instant boost of energy too!
4. Eliminate Distractions The number one distraction is clutter. Clean up your work area and space around it to get things back to where they need to be. Turn off your phone and television and play some music to help you focus too.
5. Motivation! Write down motivational quotes, speeches, etc. and post them in a place on your desk that's noticeable. Whenever you're feeling down, remind yourself that you are doing this for YOU! It will help you realize you're on the path to a better future and personal growth.
If you're still feeling overwhelmed and can't find the time to get things done yourself, contact us at Lettuce Organize for a free consultation! We'll help you manage your space and become decluttered in all aspects of your life! Call us today!